Standard Terms and Conditions
Terms of Business
These Terms apply to and constitute the terms of all agreements and arrangements between MICE Concierge Limited (“we”) and any person to whom we provide any goods or services (“you”). These Terms apply to the exclusion of any other terms that you might put forward. These Terms can only be varied in writing, signed on our behalf, specifically referring to that variation.
The term ‘Hotel’ or ‘Supplier’ means the venue or service provider where the booking is taking place. The ‘Client’ means the organising body/company or individual authorised and responsible for the commissioning and payment of the event or booking. The term ‘Contract’ means the signed contract for a specific booking or the confirmation sent by MICE Concierge Ltd for individual bookings. The term ‘Event’ means the event described in the event contract or our confirmation document. The Term ‘Booking’ means any booking either group, conference, or individual. The term ‘booker’ means the person making the booking.
The placing of an order by a Client and the acceptance of that order by MICE Concierge forms a binding contract on these terms and conditions which shall prevail over any others. No variations are permitted unless expressly accepted by one of our directors in writing. MICE Concierge will not be liable for any errors or omissions in information or specifications provided by the Client.
- MICE Concierge acts as booking agent, except where other specific contractual arrangements have been agreed, and in so doing, we act as an intermediary to make arrangements with suppliers of goods and/or services such as hotels and venues (“Suppliers”) which enable us to make bookings with those Suppliers on behalf or event organisers and individuals requiring us to make bookings for them.
- In the event of agreement that MICE Concierge are to make payment to the hotel on behalf of the Client, this is not a variation to the Terms and Conditions and all Terms and Conditions remain applicable to the client. If MICE Concierge does agree to pay the hotel directly for the booking on behalf of the Client, the Terms of the MICE Concierge Credit Agreement will apply and the Client agrees to be bound by all terms in the MICE Concierge Credit Agreement.
- You agree that MICE Concierge is not liable for the acts, errors, omissions, representations, warranties, breaches or negligence of any hotel suppliers or any personal injuries, death, property damage or other damages or expenses resulting from the use of such suppliers.
- You are responsible for making all payments that are due in respect of bookings made on your behalf. You must make those payments not later than the respective due dates for them to be paid.
- Where we make any payments on your behalf you must reimburse us straight away when we ask you to.
- In the event of a payment becoming overdue, we reserve the right to charge interest at 4% above the Bank of England base rate until the date payment is received in full. Interest to be charged form the date of the invoice onwards, if payment is not received within the agreed payment term.
- Third party/Supplier Terms and Conditions
Where a service is booked for a client, and MICE Concierge Ltd has booked this service as the client’s agent, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this supplier. You understand that any violation of the supplier’s conditions of purchase may result in any of the following: (i) cancellation of your reservation(s), (ii) your being denied access to the venue, (iii) your forfeiting any monies paid for such reservation(s) or purchase(s), (iv) in the supplier debiting your account for any costs incurred by the hotel as a result of such violation.
You agree to the cancellation terms stated at the time of booking (or when contracting). All cancellations should be made via our office at all times, except in the case of emergency. In the event of cancellations made directly with the principle you are required to obtain the name of person with whom you spoke and the cancellation reference number given to you by them. In the event of late cancellation, MICE Concierge accept no liability for any costs incurred as a result of late cancellation but we will endeavour to make a reasonable request for such charges to be waived but this decision remains entirely at the discretion of the principle.
In the event of cancellation of your booking by the hotel, MICE Concierge accept no liability for any loss incurred by the Client as a result of any such cancellation.
- Payment of accounts
Unless otherwise agreed in writing, on MICE Concierge letter headed paper, the client is responsible for all charges levied for receipt of hotel goods and services, any late cancellation/no show charges or other charges that may apply.
When acting as a booking agent, MICE Concierge may, at times, receive a commission payment from the supplier or venue. This is not built into the fee charged to the client and is a cost of sale for the supplier. MICE Concierge does not have to disclose any specific details about these commissions, as these are part of a separate contract between MICE Concierge and its partners. MICE Concierge is a member of the HBAA and compiles in full with its Code of Practice.A copy of the Code of Practice may be downloaded from the Resource Centre of the HBAA website: http://www.hbaa.org.uk/
The description of accommodation, facilities and/or services supplied by principals is their sole responsibility and their accuracy is not warranted by MICE Concierge. The provision of a brochure, or directory by MICE Concierge is for guidance only and shall not be taken by clients as an inducement to enter into a contract, as a representation by MICE Concierge, express or implied, or constitute an obligation on the part of MICE Concierge.
- Responsibilities and Liability
- Nothing in these Terms seeks to exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our agents or sub-contractors; the Suppliers are not our agents or sub-contractors for this purpose.
- We are not liable for any economic loss, loss of profit, loss of revenue, loss of business, loss of goodwill, loss of reputation, failure to make any anticipated savings or for any indirect or consequential loss arising in any way.
- The maximum aggregate amount of our liability to you for breach of contract, negligence or otherwise, shall not exceed the sum of £10000.
- You will indemnify us and keep us fully indemnified in respect of any liability or claim that we may suffer or incur as a result of your failure to comply with any of the terms of the booking with any Supplier.