Managing Director of Wyboston Lakes Resort, industry thought leader and consultant Steve Jones recently met with The Delegate Wranglers Neil Thompson to share the trends he’s seen shaping hospitality in 2023 – and those he expects to have an impact in 2024.
So, what was at the forefront of event organisers’ minds in 2023? Key criteria included:
- Environmental, Social, and Governance – ESG became more firmly entrenched in the tendering process as an influential factor for event planners procuring venues and suppliers.
- Cancellation policies and minimum numbers – Event planners are scrutinising these provisos more than ever, pressing venues and suppliers for optimum flexibility.
- Informal catering challenging traditional dining – Street food and experiential dining concepts continued to take centre stage. Steve explained: “The Gala Dinner, while still relevant, faced competition from the allure of informal festival style options.”
Moreover, what does Steve expect to see more of as 2024 gets underway?
- De-packaging delegate rates – Expect ongoing demand for greater flexibility to drive a shift towards de-packaged 24-hour rates, offering event planners the freedom to select specific services, while benefiting from greater cost and value transparency.
- Values-driven venue selection – Event planners are seeking hotels and venues that align with and reflect their company culture, heightening stakeholder engagement and collaboration as a result.
- Delegate experience is paramount – Event professionals are reacting positively to hotel and venue partners that simplify the process, enabling them to deliver compelling content and create memorable experiences that support overall organisational goals.
Read the full article here.
Before you start planning your next event, get in touch with us, at MICE Concierge. From accommodation management, venue sourcing and negotiation, event delivery, delegate registration, event marketing and on-site services, it’s our job to keep you ahead of the game, so you can get on with planning and delivering a platinum standard event.